Free Speech Amendment
The Outdoor Advertising Association of Illinois (OAAI) has adopted the national code of standards on free speech.
We encourage our members to endorse and operate their companies using the following princicples:
- We support the first Amendment right of advertisers to promote legal products and services;
- We are committed to a program that establishes exclusionary zones that prohibit stationary outdoor advertisements of products illegal for sale to minors that are intended to be read from, or within 500 feet of, elementary and secondary schools, public playgrounds, and established places of worship;
- We support reasonable limits on the total number of outdoor displays in a market that may carry messages about products that are illegal for sale to minors;
- We seek to maintain broad diversification of customers that advertise in the alternative outdoor medium;
- We support the right to reject advertising that is misleading, offensive, or otherwise incompatible with individual community standards, and in particular, we do not disseminate obscene words or inappropriate pictorial content.
Source: Provided by the Outdoor Advertising Associatin of America.